Sunday 11 September 2011

Lazy Sunday and thoughts about training

It is another grey day in Brussels. Though despite the look of it; it is a good day for jogging! Not too hot, not too sunny and not raining. But not sure if I’ll get my wide butt off from this sofa. I have trained enough for this week, so I don’t have an urge go got to the Royal Park to do my training today.

I started training almost daily, bit over a year ago, as my close friends did encourage me to do so. This was to cheer up my not-so-good mood, and the endorphins did the trick. Also a very cute trainer in the gym didn’t hurt either, hehe.. Have to say that I don’t get why people do drugs, they just should head to the gym and get over dozed from endorphins!!

During the first couple of months of this new exercise routine, I was basically glued to the cross trainer at the gym and lost about 7 – 8 kg. Since then I’ve been dropping weight, but not in such a speed anymore. Anyhow in total I think my weight now is down about 12 kg since last summer, and I’ve gone down size or two, depends on manufacturer and piece of clothing. Have to say this really feels very good, especially since I haven’t dropped my beloved chocolate from my diet.. Nor actually changed my diet at all :D I guess if I’d have changed a bit of my eating habits then I’d have loosed more weight. Then again my goal has never been weight loss, but feeling good. Loosing weight just was more like a very nice side product to my hobby.

Although I do have to admit that occasionally I get bit stuck on the weight issue, and then I start writing down what I eat. This actually happened again today, I guess third time this year (noticed a weight gain this morning..). But writing down what you eat actually is a nice way to avoid extra snacks, and in addition it also makes sure that you also eat enough. When I do it, I use a Swedish website for it, http://www.matdagboken.se/ and it is very useful as you can find most of the food products there and also you can enter your calorie consumption from training. One very good feature of that site is the fact that the basic service of that website is free. I’ve seen similar sites before, but none of them has been free. I wouldn’t buy that kind of service as I tend to use it irregularly and then it’s bit annoying to pay for it.

Now I am bit afraid how my training will go in the future, as I decided not to renew my gym membership. They raised the prices by almost a double and I also am bored with the cross trainer, which I’ve been using when visiting gym, if I don’t attend a class. Recently the only class that I have been to is Body Pump, as my gym stopped having XCO classes that were very fun (by that cute trainer that I mentioned earlier). So, don’t see a reason of paying for the membership, if I just occasionally go there.

As I am bit of “equipment & outfit junkie” when it comes to sports, I bought myself a pair of long running-tights last weekend. Hope they’ll encourage me to go out to jog when the weather gets colder and evenings darker. I do look bit funny in them, but I don’t care what people think when they see me training. If they are bothered with my looks, it’s their problem not mine ;). Anyhow now I am fully set for jogging in bit colder weather, and I hope the dark and cold nights don’t prevent me putting my trainers on and going out for a “run”.

In addition to cool jogging outfits, I’ve had to buy myself Polar heart rate monitor to show the time and heart rate of my training and an iPhone to track my routes & to listen music. Wondering how come anyone can train without some fancy equipment on them? ;)


….Went jogging after all today, and of course it rained.. not very clean trainers anymore.

1 comment: