Monday 12 September 2011

Bloody Koffiekoeken !


Good news, bad news, no news, well what ever happens, you then get koffiekoeken! At least in our Belgian office. Koffiekoeken is a Flemish (Dutch) word and it basically is a croissant type of sweet pastry filled with sweet of stuff. 

The fundamental problem to me about these pastries is the fact that they are not particularly tasty, but still filled as much calories as a warm meal at lunch. If I really need to have 500 kcal eaten by a couple mouth fulls, then I’d rather eat some delicious chocolate instead of this fluffy tasteless pastry. Although, I do occasionally end up eating them, basically due to the fact that I've felt hungry. I've never really had a graving for them, but I guess the reason for this is the fact that back home (Finland) our "koffiekoeken" is different and of course much tastier, at least to us Finns.

The reason why I started to think about these pastries was the fact that this morning we got some good news in the office, and then of course there were THE box; full of koffiekoeken. This time I ended up having one as I didn’t eat breakfast, so I substituted my yoghurt & banana breakfast with a koffiekoeken filled with vanilla stuff and covered with chocolate. Then after the announcement I Googled a bit to find the amount of calories of one koffiekoeken has. I was bit surprised about my findings, somehow I just don't get it that how come something so tasteless has so many calories. It's like paying 100 Euros for jeans from H&M, crazy. So you should at least have quality calories if you want to eat so many at one go. 

So now on, when there is any kind of “koffikoeken-moment” in the office I won't touch those calorie bomps. And if my sweet tooth decides to bother I'll rather take a chocolate bar from the vending machine then. One should at least like the unhealthy stuff one eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment